How To Make Sure Your Plumber is Advanced
Take it from us – all plumbers are not the same.
So you want to be sure that you’re hiring a quality contractor with a history of reliable work.
Here are some things to consider before saying, “you’ve got the job.”
- Make sure they have a plumbing license. This is a must. No license, no dice.
- Make sure they are bonded. Bonds protect you if the terms of the contract are not met by your plumber. Any contractor doing a job over $500 should be bonded.
- Ask how long they’ve been in business. You want a plumber with a track record of success.
- Ask about their experience. Some jobs require special skills. Ask if your plumber has ever done a job like yours before.
- Ask if they offer a guarantee. This is your insurance policy against shoddy work. Demand a warranty from your plumber.
- Ask who is doing the work. If the plumber giving the quote won’t be doing the job, find out who is and what their experience level is.
- Get two or more references. Find out who’ve they done work for before, and call them. Find out if they were happy with the service, the price, and the process.
- Ask another professional for a recommendation. Got an HVAC contractor or an electrician you trust? Ask them whom they would recommend for plumbing. Their opinion may hold the most weight of all.
- Do a little digging online. The Internet has a way of exposing the pretenders. Google their name, read online reviews, go to their website.
- Get at least two bids. You want to make sure that you are getting fair price for the service you require. And comparing apples to apples is the very best way.